Lorry Mounted Crane Training Courses
Option 1 1-2 days; Lorry Loader Novice course – no previous experience.
Option 2 – 1 to 2 days; Lorry Loader semi-experienced operator course – some previous experience.
Option 3 – 1 day; Lorry Loader course – those with previous certification
Qualification: Certified lorry mounted crane operator
Details: This course is for candidates who are required to operate a Lorry Loader as part of their work. Involves both practical and theory training.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Identification of controls, components & terminology and capabilities
- Drive and manoeuvre the lorry loader, park and secure vehicle
- Awareness of electricity and proximity hazards on site during lorry crane operations
- Inspection of slings and lifting equipment
- Pre-operational checks on the lorry loader, vehicle and lifting equipment
- Site the vehicle and prepare lorry for lifting
- Slinger signaller techniques
- Lorry loader operations techniques and safe use
- Lifting and placing loads on the vehicle and ground level
- Loading the lorry correctly and positioning of loads
- Prepare the lorry for travel
- Practical and theory test
Aims to provide a thorough understanding together with relevant operational and safety requirements.
Your instructor has over 35 years’ experience in the industry
Completion of Safe Working Practices training applicable to crane operations.
Gain practical training to ensure the operator is conversant and comfortable with the operating of the machines in a work environment.
On completion of the course
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges, this will include any attachments like grab or man cage.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information and legislation.
- Carry out a per – use check and running checks on vehicle, crane and lifting equipment.
- Explain the Safe Working Loads chart for a lorry loader
- Configure the lorry loader for vehicle travel on the road
- Use the correct attachment for lifting of various loads
- Set up the vehicle to carry out lifts from minimum to maximum radius and keep within the safe working parameters.
- The certificate can also be issued to the Company stating that the employee is certified to operate their machines, on their behalf as part of his/her employment. This means that the Company is the holder of the certificate and not the individual.